Do you ever feel like your skin (or your health and maybe even your life…) are like the Whac-A-Mole arcade game? Every time you bop a gopher back into his hole, another one pops back up. So annoying!
I have a graveyard of skincare products and makeup. Some were a few dollars; others ten times that. Some I bought for fun; others I bought with the hope of dramatic change and camouflage.
First, it was acne…then it was acne scars and acne. Now, it is aging, acne scars, and acne. Yeah, the skin fairies have never been kind to me.
Recently, I’ve been pushing myself to become more visible in order to connect with my readers. I want them to know me, but those “problem” areas have become more distracting to me.
So, I decided to do something about it so that I felt confident to live out the call that God has upon my life, even whilst I stake my claim in the true beauty that only comes from Him.
PURSUING BETTER SKIN
As I ventured to come to a skincare solution, I tried several new products, including even higher-end products that promised remarkable results. I gave it my all but didn’t notice any change. But, I stuck with it, thinking that doing something was better than nothing.
I’d heard of Beautycounter products before through a few bloggers and podcasters. They were women whose health advice I trusted. But, at that point, I wasn’t ready to take the plunge.
One afternoon, after ordering another box of pricey, but lackluster, skincare products, I remembered Beautycounter. After a 3-day deep Google dive into all things Beautycounter, I decided to take the dive.
Why did I decide to go with Beautycounter?
Beautycounter is committed to making safer skincare products that actually work. They don’t overpromise and underdeliver like so many companies that are now “greenwashing.”
Beautycounter is very clear that not all of their ingredients are naturally derived or organic. But, each and every one of them is rigorously tested. They’re also extremely transparent about their sourcing and safety and publicly post their ingredients list.
They’re so committed to protecting you that they’ve created the Never List which bans over 1,500 potentially harmful ingredients from their lines.
Beautycounter is on the cutting edge of new skincare technology. They employ some of the best chemists in the business who are constantly testing out new, safe options for great skin.
Most of all, I choose to switch because the products work really, really well. I tend to go all-in and when I’d finished my due diligence, I signed up to become a consultant right away.
I ordered a sampling of their hero products and dove in. And… I fell in love.
Here are my 5 absolute Beautycounter FAVES:
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel. This “apply it and forget it” peel is super easy to use while impressively effective. Just apply a pump or two a few nights a week and watch those skin imperfections fade.
- No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil. This citrusy oil is an essential part of my morning routine. I love how smooth and soft it makes my skin while it protects it from environmental damage.
- Tint Skin. This foundation is super light, never cakey, and lets the best parts of your skin shine through.
- Necessary Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette. This is the palette you’ve been looking for! With a beautiful range of shades that complement any skin tone, you’re going to feel like a pro with its done for you complimentary shade selection and incredible brush.
- Illuminating Cream Highlighter. A quick swipe across the cheeks and you’ll be looking fresh!
I couldn’t be any happier with the quality and performance of Beautycounter. Sure, there are some products that I like better than others (and I’ll share my reviews here), but overall, you truly cannot go wrong. Especially with their 60-day money-back guarantee.
ARE YOU READY TO TRY OUT BEAUTYCOUNTER TOO?
If you’d like to learn more about how Beautycounter products could work for you, fill out this Skincare Questionnaire and I’ll send you personalized recommendations! It’s a no-pressure, let’s have fun kinda thing 🙂