Since a young age, I’ve loved all things beauty. Unfortunately, in my teens and 20’s, my appearance became an obsession. How I looked was all that mattered. When I thought I looked bad, I felt (and treated myself) like garbage. When I thought I looked good, I searched for some flaw to disprove my acceptance. It was an ugly time that taught me so much.
I’ve learned that it’s ok to pretty yourself up, as long as that quest doesn’t steal your joy or focus on Christ. It’s ok to feel beautiful as long as your focus is to draw attention to God and not yourself.
These days, makeup and skincare are one of my favorite self-care outlets. As a consequence of this, I’ve spent waaay too much money on products. In fact, my quest for effective and “non-toxic” skincare and cosmetics often left me frustrated and buying the same old stuff just because I didn’t know what else to do.
I’d heard about Beautycounter and had done some research on their products, but never took the plunge. Recently, I decided to try it out. Now, I tend to be a little all-in with whatever I do and this was no exception.
I stocked up on all their hero products and was instantaneously in love. Now, this says something because I wasn’t using cheap stuff before. There is something different and really special about Beautycounter products and that’s why I couldn’t wait to blog about it.
I plan on trying lots of different products to review, but also want to get my own routine nailed down. So, if it seems like I’m using a lot, it’s because I am… I signed up as a consultant and bought an introductory kit so that I could get a jump start on trying all the things.
MY SKINCARE ROUTINE
When I first signed up, I got the Rejuvenating Line. That’s exactly what I fell in love with! No more acne and my fine lines were softened. A total win-win!
Then, Beautycounter introduced the Countertime line. The press was amazing! Magazines and blogs were raving out the technology and the incredible before and afters left me chomping at the bit to try it out.
Unfortunately, while it works brilliantly, it’s not a great fit for acne-prone skin like mine.
But, I’m happy to be back on the Rejuvenating bandwagon!
- First things first, I always wipe my sunscreen from my morning walk off with a makeup removing cloth. This ensures that the majority of my makeup is gone and allows for the cleanser to do its work. And, I much prefer having a reusable option (vs. disposable) when at home. When one the road, these One-Step Makeup Remover Wipes are magic.
- Rejuvenating Face Cleanser. After drying my skin thoroughly, I apply a dime-sized amount to my face and gently foam it for about 30 seconds.
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads. I love these so much but would much prefer a liquid. However, I’ve learned to stretch them out by cutting them in half and using one side in the morning and the other at night. In the morning, I just place the used side up so that it doesn’t touch the other pads.
- Rejuvenating Day Cream. Just one pump and go! If my skin is feeling really dry, I’ll do the Rejuvenating Night Cream instead.
- No. 1 Brightening Oil. I love this light and citrusy oil in the morning to, well, brighten my skin and protect from antioxidants.
Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream. I apply my eye cream now, while the serum/oil is soaking in. This is truly the most amazing eye cream, ever! I’ve struggled with dark circles my whole life. And, even after a great night’s sleep, someone would ask me if I were tired… not cool, friend, not cool. However, that never happens now! My eyes are brighter and the crepey-ness is softened.
- MDSolarSciences SPF 50. I’ve had some pre-melanoma on my face and use this dermatologist-recommended brand. I want to try the Countermineral Sunscreen soon!
- As with the morning, I always wipe my makeup off with a makeup removing cloth.
- Rejuvenating Face Cleanser.
- Rejuvenating Toner Pads. I use the other side of the pad, as mentioned above.
- No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask. I use this mask 2 times a week to help manage my (now gone) acne.
- Rejuvenating Radiance Serum. A light serum that soaks right in!
- Once or twice a week I use a dermaroller to help stimulate collagen production. I’m currently using one that I got when purchasing another skincare line.
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel. 3 times a week I use this peel instead of the Radiance Serum and not on nights I use the dermaroller.
- Rejuvenating Night Cream. This is the best night cream! It’s so moisturizing without being heavy. I use a pea-sized amount.
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream. I apply my eye cream now, while the serum is soaking in.
MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP
One of the first things I purchased was the Flawless in Five that offers “effortless beauty in 5 minutes.” In this collection, you choose your preferred products. I’ve indicated my choices with an asterisk below.
- *Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation in Sand. I love this foundation so much that it was my first review. This moisturizing foundation is light so that your skin shines through, but you can also layer it for more coverage.
- *Touchup Skin Concealer Pen in Light. I didn’t initially like the clickable pen packaging, but now I think it’s great as I can easily wash its brush. One click under each eye gives the perfect amount for application.
- *Brilliant Brow Gel in Medium. I’ve been using a similar product and loved its function. So, I was super happy to see that Beautycounter offered a replacement.
- Necessary Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette. I’ve tried all the “best” eyeshadow palettes at Sephora and nothing compares to this. There are matte, satin, and shimmer (but not too shimmery for my 40’s skin) finishes. The colors are arranged in their suggest pairings so you’ll “make-up like a pro” with zero effort! I love the tapered end brush for “lining” my upper lids.
- *Volumizing Mascara in Black. I’ve been using Loreal’s Beauty Tubes for years because I love how it washes off so easily. Tugging at my eyelids to remove mascara feels really counterproductive. So far, I really like how it looks on, but I’m still missing the ease of removal with my previous brand. Most days, I stick to the Loreal.
- *Satin Powder Blush in Nectar. This color could not be any more perfect. I’ve always been really shy on blush application, but a generous sweep of this really brightens up my face.
- Illuminating Cream Highlighter in Rose Glow. Layered with blush or on its own, this travel-friendly tube makes glowing effortless 🙂
- *Lip Gloss in Azalea. This color is my absolute fave! Nothing like a sweep of glossy, rosy pink to make a girl free great. The applicator is the coolest–it’s almost as if it’s been squished but the shape makes the application really easy. It lasts pretty well for a lip gloss (everyone I’ve ever tried tends to wear off) and leaves your lips soft. I have been a bit disappointed about how quickly this product goes down… I think I love it too much!
HOLD UP, THAT’S A LOT OF PRODUCTS!
Yes, I know it’s a lot. As I mentioned, I fell in l-o-v-e with Beautycounter and couldn’t wait to dive in. I knew that I had to tell others about it and that meant personally using lots of them (see the method to my madness?).
If you’d like to get a slow start, that’s great. Simply switch out a few products at a time. If you’d like help, simply fill out my Skincare Questionnaire.
However, if you’d like to overhaul your beauty routine as I did (and fully experience the magic), then here are a few ways to save money:
1. Shop collections. Both the Countermatch and Countertime Collections offer savings if you buy them as a bundle as opposed to a la carte. And, will all these tools in your tool chest, you’ll see the skin transformation you’re looking for!
2. Become a Band of Beauty Member. It’s the Beautycounter version of Amazon Prime with rewards! If you think you’re going to place two $100+ orders in one calendar year, it makes sense to join because you’ll save more than you spend. The annual cost is $29 and includes:
- A free gift when your first order is over $50 (this changes each month).
- Earn 10% back on each order for future purchases.
- Free shipping on orders over $100 (I don’t even get that as a consultant!)10% back in product credit to use on your next order.
3. Become a consultant. Consultants get 25% off all products, which is an awesome discount if you’re wild about Beautycounter like I am. And, your skin is going to look so great, your friends will want to know what you’re doing– so why not make a side hustle out of it?
The cost to join as a consultant is $98 and you get two free gifts – an Overnight Resurfacing Peel ($63) and a Color Intense Lipstick ($34). The only requirement to maintain the consultant level is to reach $1,200 in sales in a six month period. Most of that can be your own orders, and only $200 needs to be friends/family/other people. If you don’t reach $1,200, you simply become a Band Of Beauty member again.
You don’t have to maintain any inventory and you don’t have to recruit a single person if you don’t want to. Of course, if you want to earn money, you absolutely can 🙂
If this interests you at ALL, shoot me an email to Brandice@KeepitCleanBeauty.com and let’s chat.